Today I built a window shelf apparatus to accommodate all the seedlings. Well, not all the seedlings on this shelf. This will allow the house to accommodate all my seedlings, because I know I’m going to outgrow the windowsills this spring.Hmm, I didn’t take a great picture of it.
Using only windowsills would max me out at 6 trays (it’s worked in the past, sort of), and with these shelves I can now have 10 trays.
It makes the room darker and ruins the picture window effect, but that will be fine for a month each year. It’s going to smell like a hothouse in here, especially when the tomato sprouts get smelly, like they do, excited to be tomatoes.
I can just imagine all six windows kitted out with shelve units, in which case I could get 20, maybe 24 trays of starts in the windows. Oooooh:) That would be a true capacity maximum, and I don’t think I should get too excited about that.